How else can we be expected to hold it together while remembering to bring the nut-free-egg-free-dairy-free snack for preschool, return the overdue library books, arrive on-time to soccer, make that almost-homemade dinner, color our roots every 6 weeks, and use that gym membership that we've been paying for?! Oh, and do this all on less than 6 hours of sleep a night and often with a chorus of whining and screaming in the background, why don't you?

Packed with little tips, deals, fun bits, faves, and stories, I hope that you find this blog both helpful and encouraging.

I can't promise that these things will make being a mom easier, but I hope these posts give you a few shortcuts or "AHA!" ideas that allow you to take a few extra minutes for yourself because... Mama Needs Maintenance.

Friday, September 24, 2010

Eco-Friendly Snack Bags

As a kid, my mom used the fold-over sandwich bags, much to my disappointment.  I remember her explanation of how Ziplocs were “the expensive” sandwich bag, and “not necessary”, after she praised my fold-over bag’s ability to carry my food.  Nice, mom… Several years later, I’m shocked to realize the pace at which we smoke through a CASE of Ziplocs from Costco…  although they have become cheaper, I do feel a little bad about all the waste!  (A side effect of West Coast living is the development of an eco-conscience.) 

pouch palMy friend introduced me to reusable snack bags a couple of years ago, and I just love them!  They come in several sizes and shapes, and can be purchased from a variety of different vendors in all sorts of adorable prints that match your taste or your kids’ personalities.  Most of these are lined with a water-resistant/proof lining and close with a Velcro closure.  To clean, simply them toss in the washing machine or wash by hand with your evening dishes. 

Google “Reusable Snack Bag” to start your search for more of an eco-friendly snack-containment solution, or check out the deal Plum District has right now on Pouch Pals.  Valid now through 9/26, you can purchase a $30 voucher for Pouch Pals products for only $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment