How else can we be expected to hold it together while remembering to bring the nut-free-egg-free-dairy-free snack for preschool, return the overdue library books, arrive on-time to soccer, make that almost-homemade dinner, color our roots every 6 weeks, and use that gym membership that we've been paying for?! Oh, and do this all on less than 6 hours of sleep a night and often with a chorus of whining and screaming in the background, why don't you?

Packed with little tips, deals, fun bits, faves, and stories, I hope that you find this blog both helpful and encouraging.

I can't promise that these things will make being a mom easier, but I hope these posts give you a few shortcuts or "AHA!" ideas that allow you to take a few extra minutes for yourself because... Mama Needs Maintenance.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall is in the Air

Happy 1st day of fall! I love this time of the year... I’m mad-sentimental, so fall basically kicks off a season packed with holidays, gatherings, indulgent eating, shopping, and football. Another thing I love is that “fall smell”. You know, the cool, crisp air that smells like a wood burning fireplace in the distance… Well, we live in Seattle, so LEAVES CANDLEthe air can be cool, but is often damp and not crisp. We also live in a neighborhood of newer homes, so wood burning fireplaces are all but a thing of the past.

Since I can’t get the real “fall smell” outside, I make sure I have it inside. This candle is my all-time seasonal favorite... I must have gone through at least four of the large ones last year! The Leaves candle from Slatkin & Co instantly fills your home with notes of ripe apples, mulling spices, citrus, and berries. It is simply delicious and will have you craving pumpkin spice lattes and football-Sundays in no time… and for a very palatable price of less than $20.

*Tip: The 4 oz. candle size is currently sale for 2 for $10 – perfect to stock up for hostess & teacher gifts as the busy holiday season starts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment