How else can we be expected to hold it together while remembering to bring the nut-free-egg-free-dairy-free snack for preschool, return the overdue library books, arrive on-time to soccer, make that almost-homemade dinner, color our roots every 6 weeks, and use that gym membership that we've been paying for?! Oh, and do this all on less than 6 hours of sleep a night and often with a chorus of whining and screaming in the background, why don't you?

Packed with little tips, deals, fun bits, faves, and stories, I hope that you find this blog both helpful and encouraging.

I can't promise that these things will make being a mom easier, but I hope these posts give you a few shortcuts or "AHA!" ideas that allow you to take a few extra minutes for yourself because... Mama Needs Maintenance.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kids need a distraction? Meet Germany’s “I am a Gummybear” Web Phenom

Most of the time, I love to write posts about somewhat educational books or tips for the kids.  This, however, is NOT one of those times.  Knowing that my kids are obsessed with the annoying, internet viral videos “Bananaphone” and “Peanut Butter Jelly Time” (dad’s influence, thanks…), my sister forwarded me this video.  To say that it was a hit, is a massive understatement.  My kids LOVE this ridiculous gummy bear that has gone viral in 25 languages and boasts over 1 Billion plays.  Seriously.  How in the world could so many people love this dancing piece of jelly candy?!   He provides absolutely zero educational value and hardly any musical value, but makes my kids laugh and dance, which does turn out to be worth something after all.  In fact, my kids love this song so much that sadly, “I am a Gummy Bear” will definitely be added to the list of YouTube clips played off my phone as I run errands this weekend.  (Which is why I’m posting this on a Saturday…) I hope the folks shopping at Target & Safeway are prepared to meet Gummybear.

The next time you have cranky kids on your hands, Gummybear might just be your trump card… Just be prepared to hear him sing more than once. 

If you’re of fan of this little guy, he’s actually done covers of a bunch of other songs, including the World Cup Song – he’s freakin’ unstoppable. 

His official site is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment